List of Past Provincial Grand Masters of Forfarshire

The first documented P.G. Master was George Patterson of Castle Huntly - appointed in 1797, however the origins of this Province and the others in the North East of Scotland go back to about 1747. (Read More)

The following list covers those men who held the position of P.G. Master from 1797.

 

1797-1801
1801-1852
1852-1874
1876-1880
1881-1882
1882-1888
1888-1901
1901-1910
1910-1920
Arthur J. Ramsay, Dundee
1920-1925
Ex-Provost Archibald C. Anderson, Arbroath
1925-1929
Provost Thomas Lyell, M.C., Montrose
1929-1934
1934-1936
Provost Hugh H. Soutar, Montrose
1936-1941
John M. Robb, Dundee
1941-1946
Charles Rennie, Dundee
1946-1952
Thomas Buick, Montrose
1952-1958
William Lewis Weir, Dundee
1958-1963
David Inches Worsley, Dundee
1963-1968
William Hill Sharpe, Broughty Ferry
1968-1973
Douglas Watters Gerrard, Arbroath
1973-1974
Stephen Gavin Fisher, Dundee
1974-1979
Rev William Gray Burns, M.B.E., J.P., M.A., B.D., Edzell
1979-1984
David Dysart McLagan
1984-1985
Rev William Gray Burns, Edzell (interim)
1985-1987
Loveraine James Watt Beatt, Arbroath
1987-1992
Peter Buchanan Cram, Dundee
1992-1997
James Smith Brown, Arbroath
1997-2002
George Golden Robertson, Dundee
2002-2005
Angus Murray, Arbroath
2005-2010
Alexander Smith Christie, Dundee
2010-2015

 

©Research by Iain D. McIntosh, 2014

  • Return to Main History Page
  • Return to Top
  • The Grand Lodge of Scotland Website.

    Formed in 1736 theGrand Lodge of Scotland is the governing body for all Freemasonry in Scotland.

    The Provincial Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Angus and Mearns

    Formed in 1861 the Provincial Grand Royal Arch Chapter for Angus and Mearns is the governing body for Royal Arch Masonry in this area.

    FDCA Logo

    Website of the Friends of Dundee City Archives

     

    Links to other Websites.

    scottish flagsquare & compasses

     

    designIDM